New In Beauty

New In Beauty
I am starting a strick no spending ban this year as Cal and I are hoping to move out and get a mortgage this year and if things continue the way they are going... we may have bought a house and move into it by the middle of the year ekkkk. Therefore I am not going to have any money to spend on makeup anyway. Over November and December I have collected a huge stash of new makeup to keep me going through this long year of no spending.

Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm
This was very much a impulse buy if I am totally honest. I had seen a few people talk about this product on YouTube and that really made me want to try it since Clinique is one of my favourite skincare brands. So far I haven't reached for it very much as I find it isn't as easy to move round my face, I think I might need to work it a little and break the first layer for the product to work better.  


NYX Matte Finish Fini Mat Spray
I really like this makeup spray so far and it is one of my favourite fixing sprays to use at the minute. It helps my makeup to last longer during the day and leaves my skin with a fresh feel to it. I really want to try the Dewy version next (although I won't because I am on a ban...)

Newlook Refresh and Prep & Fix Sprays
I was really intrigued to use these sprays from Newlook and so far I have used the Refresh and Prep spray most days since I purchased it. I like the feel of it on my skin rather than a primer. I find If I layer too much on my skin such as primer, foundation, powder ext my skin can feel really clogged and bumpy rather than smooth. So using this spray helps keep my makeup lightweight and comfortable. I have used the Fix spray a couple of times but I definitely need to give this product a bit more love before I comment on how good it is.

L'Oreal Infallible Foundation
I absolutely love the L'Oreal Infallible Matte foundation so of course I had to try the non matte version. So far I have only tried it once or twice and I can't say I love it as much the matte version but I am still trying it out.

Rituals Foundation in 11
I haven't heard much about the brand Rituals before hand but my friend bought me this foundation for Christmas after she tried it and feel in love with it. I have only tried it a few times so I can't give you a proper review of it but so far I have found it to be really dewy and gives a  healthy look to the skin.

Bourjois City Radiance Foundation in 02 Vanilla
I am a big fan of Bourjois foundations and I haven't been disappointed with this new addition to my collection. It is a much thicker consistency than their other foundations but after using it with a beauty blender I am really loving the consistency of it. It is definitely a medium coverage as my red cheeks are covered but my fresh spots still pop out and need some concealer on top.

NYX Dusk Til Dawn Dream Catcher Palette
This palette caught my eye when I was in Selfridges in London and I really wanted to leave London with something and  this was the only thing that I liked. The palette is filled with different gold shimmer shades which is basically all I wear at the minute. So far I have found I really need to break the first layer of the product for me to really get any pigment from them, so some of the shades are looking a little worse for wear. Once you have broke the first layer, the pigmentation of the shadows are really good and great for nights out. It also has a matte brown which means you can make lots of looks with this palette.

P.s Illuminate Cream Highlighter
This palette was another impulse buy which I do regret a little bit because I have not used this product since I purchased it, it was only £4 so that made me buy it. The colours of these highlights are gorgeous and so dreamy but I am not a big fan of cream highlighter at all so I always find  myself reaching for my powder products.

Newlook Strobe KitThis highlighter kit gives me life!
 It includes three powder highlighter shades and two of the shades have become a staple on a day to day basis and I love them. Like I said before powder highlighters appeal to me much more than cream products so I have been reaching for this palette nearly everyday since I purchased it. I like to use the middle shade to highlight my nose and the end shade on top of my check bones.

Newlook Matte Lipsticks Latte & Mulberry
Of course another Newlook product to talk about... I picked up Latte which is a pale pinky nude and Mulberry which is a very dark burgandy red which is just gorgeous. These are the matte formulas so they last really long and they dont dry out on the lips which some matte products can do. Also the new packaging is so lush.

Charlotte Tilbury Red Carpet Red Lipstick
This miniature lipstick is the cutest present idea ever and I have to give my friend props for giving me the Red Carpet Red shade for Christmas. I love a good red lipstick and this lipstick is a gorgeous dark berry red which I have wore so much since getting it. Also the size of the lipstick is great for people like me who always mess up applying red lipstick.

Newlook Eyebrow Powder Pen in Dark Brown
Powder eyebrow pens are something new to me and I am a fan so far, I find this pen is easier to use when your in a rush in the morning and looks much more natural then a normal pen or eye shadow.

Hope you enjoy my naughty purchases
Wish me luck on my spending ban! 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.