My Summer Reading List Reviews


I love nothing more than putting on some cosy clothing and getting comfy on the sofa with a good book. I bought four books to read over the summer and I thought I would do a round up of them. You will notice that the main jist of all the books is escaping your real life and having an adventure and I'm sure you will agree that after the year I had, I could do with one myself.

Starting off with the first book I finished, A Match Made in Devon by Cathy Bramley.
There are a few different story lines happening within this book and one of the story lines i loved while another bored me a little. The main plot is about an actress from London who has to leave the city and go into hiding as such and ends up in the village where her older brother lives. A few things happen and she ends up helping an old friend who is in a sticky situation, that story line i followed and loved reading more about, then it adds in a boathouse i wasn't that interested in and a love interest who didn't tickle my fancy. The idea of the book was really appealing to me but once the ending to the plot of the story that i liked happened, i wasn't really interested in the last few chapters. It just wasn't my cup of tea but that's just my opinion.

The second book I read was The Greek Escape by Karen Swan which is about a girl called Chloe who has an amazing job working among the filthy rich. The story follows her life with her annoying ex boyfriend who followed her from England to America and the crazy chaos which comes with her job. The story includes small chapters dedicated to a mysterious women who at the end of the story you realised where she fit in.  I didn't expect it to be so gripping based on the front of the book but it really surprised me how much was going on, i mean it is no Dan Brown book but it did keep me glued.

The Perfectly Imperfect Women by Milly Johnson
This book caught my eye in Tescos mainly because i thought the illustration on the front was really cute and i thought it would have a cute story behind it. I love books set in quiet villages with old women and this story is about a brilliant women called Lilian who invites a strange to visit the village she owns. Marnie, the said stranger, is running away from her life back in the city and finds a lot of secrets hidden in this small village. The plot of this story is really cute and such an easy read, i definitely want to read more of Milly's books especially The Mother of all Christmases because i love a Christmas love story!

This could change Everything by Jill Mansell
This was the last book i read out of my little summer haul and it didn't disappoint. I love Jill Mansell books so much, i find them so easy to read and become really embedded in the story. The story follows Essie who's life turns upside down after an email circulates of her saying exactly what she thinks of the people around her. I loved reading about Essie, Conor and Lucas and i think you will too. My favourite book by Jill Mansell so far is You and Me, Always which i was recommend to you all. There are too many books to choose my next read.





You may also like:

1 comment

  1. Thanks for the recommendations - definitely going to check out these.

    Candice | NatalyaAmour.com

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.