Monthly Favourites | September '14


I am currently eating a packet of chocolate chip cookies on the sofa in a big baggy t-shirt watching The Mindy Project... Loving life right now!

I have quite a few favourites this month to talk about and most of them are beauty related which I have either bought or been sent in a Birchbox. 

I'll start with the two bath items that I have been loving this month. The first is the Soap and Glory Clean Girls body wash. It makes my skin feel so soft, it is really creamy and lathers up really well so you don't need to use a lot of product, meaning the bottle lasts a long time. Plus the fact the bottle is huge!

The second bath product was a present from my good friend Ashleigh for Christmas I think... it may have been my birthday I cant remember haha. It is a body wash by The Sugar Pop Company in raspberry ripple, who I have researched but I cant find a website, Facebook page or shop for. One of the things I love about the product is that it smells like pink lemonade, I never knew how amazing pink lemonade smelt until I used this product. Other than the smell, the body wash is really refreshing and leaves my skin feeling clean and smooth.

The rest of my monthly favourites are all makeup products. Two products I have re-discovered recently and haven't stopped using since then. These are the Rimmel Stay Matte Mouse foundation and my Concealer palette. I ordered my concealer palette last year after reading loads of reviews on these types of palettes and I found it so useful and handy in covering spots. You can purchase one really cheap here and you can read my  blog post review on the Rimmel Stay Matte Mouse here.

My last three favourite products I have recently purchased or received in my last few birchboxes. The first is the Sleek Contour Palette in Medium 374. I love this palette so much! There has not been one day since I bought it that I haven't used it. I find all the colours useful and think they all work really well together. The shades are just right for my skin tone, I did think after purchasing it that I should have looked at the light shades but it does work for me. Everytime I wear it I do get compliments about my makeup (even from my boyfriend who doesn't understand how it works) so I have faith in the product.

My next product is the Supergoop CC cream in light to medium. I got this in a previous birch box and I have tried CC and BB creams before and not been too impressed. Even so I tried this one not expecting much and to my surprise I loved how it worked on my skin, it gave me a tan and meant I didn't need to put anything else on my face, not even my trusty Sleek contour palette. Although the tube is the smallest thing I have ever seen it has lasted me a good few wears and it isn't empty yet, I do have another small tube of it but I don't know if I would pay £20 (32$) for it on the website. I might have to try and find a drugstore CC cream that works as good for me.

The last item I have to talk about is mascara I got in this months Birchbox. It is the Model CO Power lash black mascara. I haven't got a mascara from Birchbox yet and I love my first one! It makes my lashes look so big and full and lasts all day. I have a big box of mascaras but this one is fast becoming one of my favourites.

And that is all my favourites for this month, if you have tried any or know of any products similar (and cheaper) to anything mentioned, let me know! :) xx

P.s. check me out posting a monthly favourites post before the month is out and not a week (or two) into it, Go Me!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.