Winter Evening Routine '18

Winter Evening Routine '18

How is it only 9 days away from Christmas? This month has flown by so quickly i don't know what to do with myself.This past month has really took everything out of me, i am always tired and never seen to feel relaxed, so my evening routine has changed up recently. The nights turning dark at 4 oclock has also changed up my routine, is it acceptable to fall sleep at 4 in the afternoon? okay no worries...

After a long day of sitting at my desk at work eating chocolate biscuits and singing along to Christmas tunes i love nothing more an a cosy night at home. I finish work at 5pm which means i can be home and in my pjs by 20 past 5 so my cosy evening begins early. As soon as i step through the door my clothes are coming off and my pjs are coming on.. The house is all set up for Christmas with our tree, animals and fairy lights so i switch them on all over the house to make it even more cosy.

Most weeks i plan our meals ahead of time so i normally know exactly what i'm having by the time i get in. If i am actually putting any effort into dinner i usually spend this time prepping any veg or meat, unless we are having a easy quick meal. I always watch YouTube or Netflix while i cook as i like to have something on in the background. Then we always find a TV show or documentary on Netflix or see what shows we have recorded on sky to watch while we eat, at the minute we are watching the second series of Making A Murderer.

We normally end up eating between 6-7:30 unless we get sidetracked by something on tv. If it is a gym day we then head to the gym for 8 for an hour workout. We joined at the end of October and although i am slow in getting my pace back, i'm enjoying my nights there. I've even bought some proper gym uniform so once i find my rhythm i'll be set!

Once we get back i jump in the bath, light a few candles and put something on my iPad to watch, vlogmas videos are keeping me busy most nights. I still have a few bottles of Molton Brown bubble bath which i like to mix together to make a a really foamy bath which smells amazing.

Once I'm all relaxed and clean, its around half 9-10 oclock and Callum is already in bed with the tv on. as you can tell we are very rock and roll. This is when we normally put on a tv show to fall asleep to or i'll pop the bed side table light on read a few chapters of my book.

So that's my weekly evening routine, not very crazy for a 24 year old but it keeps me from falling asleep at my desk during the day.

What do you do during these dark evenings?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.