How I Am Getting Organised This Year

How I'm Getting Organised This Year

I have always been a forgetful, lazy person since i was a child and it has never really changed, but i have decided that this year i am going to get shit done. I am someone who likes to makes plans and follow a diary so a bullet point planner was right up my street. I found this one by Wendy Hobson back last year in my local B&M and kept it on my book shelf for months.

Then in January i knew i wanted to make a change so i dug out the book and started from there, if i had the time and the fancy hand writing i would make my own but sadly i don't so pre made books will do. This book is really good because it has not dates printed on the pages so you can use it how ever and whenever you want. I started using this the first week in January so hopefully if i keep at it, i can complete the whole year and become more organised.

Included within this planner is a week to week planner with to do lists, meal plans, inspirations, priorities, themes, countdown clocks and annual and yearly reviews. Here are some of the ways i am going to use this planner to organise my year.

Become more healthy
I am a serial takeaway eater and i can't do it anymore not just for health reasons but to help save for a wedding as well, so i have been planning our meals every night and prepping my lunches for work to stop myself grabbing rubbish to eat. I have cut out rubbish lunches and junk food as well opting for healthy fate free options and seriously reducing my portion sizes. I think one of my main problems is i am always scared to not make enough food and be hungry afterwards, which then makes me cook stupid amounts of food. Since January i have been filling my lunch box with fruit and yogurt and recording everything i eat to keep track of my intake in the notes section of my weekly pages. Since starting this the only thing i have seen a reduction in the size is my fingers, i feel like they are less chubby which i guess i can;t complain about.

I am also making a list of the routines/exercises i want to do each week or how many times i want to go gym. I plan in which day i am doing what so i know which type of meal i want to make for dinner and how much spare time i will have that night. I've been doing this for a 5 weeks now and if you don't include the week i was ill and dying, i have stuck to it quite well. I have purchased new workout gear, bought a yoga mat and even some exercise bands. check me out! At the minute i am doing more home workouts rather than going to the gym mainly because i don't have to go out in the cold and dark to complete them. Once spring rolls around, which i can not wait for, i plan to become more active at the gym.

Take charge of my weekends
My weekend normally start out the same. It gets to a Friday night and i plan all these things i want to achieve over the weekend, i do a big clean and go for a walk on Saturday morning and then for the rest of the weekend i am sitting on my arse dreading the approach of Monday. I don't want to be that person anymore. I now make a list of jobs i want to complete over the week and at the weekend i make sure i tick off all the job left on the list. Now they aren't boring jobs like empty the bins (even though it has been on the list once), it is fun stuff like finish my puzzle which i did this week thank you very much.

It is currently Sunday when i am writing this post and my last two jobs are look up hotels for my birthday which is very exciting and hand wash my nice party dresses which i am dreading but when they have been sitting in your dirty bin for months, you just got to bite the bullet.

Up my blogging game
Last year i made a conscious effort to post more on my blog over the summer when i had some free time to myself but once i started work again my blog kinda took a back seat. I do this as a hobby because even though i am pretty rubbish at it, i like to write. I'm using my planner this year to keep me motivated and up to date with my blog. I am planning in my posts on my weekly diary and setting myself goals to achieve blog wise. I don't write for anyone other than me so i don't put too much pressure on myself about my blog because like i said, its a hobby i enjoy for myself.

I do feel like i am a more organised person since the new year, i have more time for myself but i'm also planning in making time for other people. i have a second bullet journal which i received as a birthday present last year which is cuter and smaller than the Wendy Hobson planner. I wanted to start out with the Wendy one so i could figure out what i wanted to use it for most and make it messy ready to start again next year with my nice journal.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.