Moisturiser Round Up of 2018

Moisturiser Round Up of 2018

Moisturisers are like gold dust in a skincare routine especially for people with dry skin like me. A moisturiser is the most important step in my skincare and i find a good moisturiser can make or break a makeup look. 

My skin type is dry which has bouts of normal happy skin and bouts of severly dry patches. My skincare routine consists of using a moisturiser every morning and if i remember, in the evening too. I've collected all the moisturisers I've used over the last year and ranked them from favourite to least favourite, even though i still like some of the products at the bottom of the list.

1. Clinique Moisture Surge

Starting off with my all time favourite moisturiser which i first spoke about back in March 2017 in a wishlist post. So many people spoke about how hydrating this product was and how it made people feel like they had just experienced a facial. I agree with every statement ever made about this product and i am gladly on my second tub now since i was given a gift set this Christmas with a new tub included. The product is super hydrating, leaves the skin super soft, gives a boost of life to your skin and lasts all day on the skin. I like products that make a big difference on my skin and after a long day, i can still feel the benefits of this moisturiser on my skin. The product is rich without feeling heavy and clogging on the skin which means it doesn't break me out after using it. Lastly you only need a small amount of product to make a big difference so the tub lasts ages, my first tub lasted me from April to December and i used it every single day. 

2. Origins Gin Zing Moisturizer

Now this was my favourite moisturizer for a very long time and even when i first started using the Clinique Moisture Surge, i still went between the two when we came to choosing my favourite. Just like the Clinique Moisturiser this product is so hydrating for dry skin it leaves your skin feeling brand new, as soft as a babies bum. Also the Gin Zing ingredients make the product super relaxing, hydrating and soothing on the skin. It somehow always seems to feel cold on the skin so every time you use the product it really wakes up your skin. I really liked using this product on really bad skin days because it wouldn't irritate my bad skin and it give my skin a big boost, it left me feeling like my skin was glowing when it was at its worse. 

3. Lush Gorgeous Moisturiser

Although i only tried a tester of this moisturiser back in January, the product is still on my mind. A lot of people raved about this moisturiser so i ended up getting a little sample pot and i couldn't be how much i liked it. The product was really rich and luxurious on the skin and took a while to completely sink into the skin which normally i don't like but i found this moisturiser worked as a great base for my makeup. I didn't need to use a primer afterwards and the product helped make my makeup last longer. The only thing that has stopped me repurchasing this moisturiser is the price. £42 for a moisturiser from Lush seems ridiculous especially when my origins and Clinique moisturiser cost around £25 each and they are bigger brands. 

4. Sukin Facial Moisturiser

Sukin skincare is a brand which I only started trying out last year and I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the products. They advertise themselves as natural, cruelty free, vegan and carbon free skincare which doesn't cost a bomb. This moisturiser was a firm favourite of mine when i first purchased the range, opting to use this moisturizer during the day underneath my makeup. What i liked about this product is that it is a bog standard good moisturizer with no nastiest in. It worked at moisturizing my skin without breaking me out or making my pigmentation standout. 

5. Clinique Dramatically Different 

If you have been around for a while then you will remember when every skincare post of mine included this moisturiser. It was y holy grail for a very long time and even though i haven't repurchased it in a few years since trying out different products, i know if i needed to go out and purchase a new moisturiser this product would be on my list. I've tried this product in a few formulas and packing but my favourite is the cream formula in the pot. The product has a thick consistency which soaks into the skin and leaves it feeling so smooth. This used to sort my skin out on bad skin days when my dry patches were at their worth in my early 20s. 

6. Clinique Super Defense Night

This is another product that i had in my collection a long while ago while i recently used again when it came in a free promotion from Clinique. From what i can remember about this product when i first used it was it was quite greasy and slippery but the small pot i received of the product was so much better. It obviously had been reformulated and i'm not complaining at all. I found it was really good for wearing underneath my makeup and helping me start with a even base, don't hate me for not using it as a night cream... I wasn't too keen to use the product at first when i received it but when i ran out of moisturisers it was my only option and i ended up falling in love. The consistency of the product is quite thick but easy enough to sink into the skin in good time. 

7. Sukin Moisturizing Restoring Night Cream

This product is what i call a magic product because it doesn't matter how much product you scoop out the tub, the product never seems to go down. It looks perfectly untouched every time i go to use it. This is the only night cream i use at the minute and there isn't much to say about the product apart from it is a good night cream. I pair it with the Clinique All About the Eyes cream before i go to bed and in the morning my skin feels like a babies bottom.  

8. Clinique Prep Start Moisturiser

I brought this product because of a recommendation of a shop assistant in Bicester Village as she said it was amazing underneath makeup which i agree with, the product works great as a primer but it doesn't feel amazing as a moisturizer. It feels more like a matte primer then a moisturiser so i tend to use it as a primer using the summer when i don't need a lot of moisture added to my skin.

9. Glossier Priming Moisturiser

I won't say much about this product because i don't have many good things to say about it. It is advertised as a priming moisturizer but i don't feel like it moisturizes my skin at all and the primer element i don't rate as well. I know a lot of people who claim to love this product so it is definitely all down to different skincare preferences. I love every other Glossier product i have tried but i just don't rate this product at all. 

What are your opinions on the products ive mentioned? Skincare is definitely something that works differently for different people so if you have liked something that i haven't or vice versa, no worries i'm glad it works for you!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.