Sweaty Betty

I never thought I would ever write a post on underarm deodorant, it's not exactly the most glamorous product to talk about but we are all grown up here and everyone sweats. Even Cheryl Cole (or whatever her new last name is) sweats! Guess that means I'm basically Cheryl Cole!


Mitchum Advanced Oxygen Odor Control Technology Pure Fresh Antiperspirant and Deodorant


I've used spray on deodorants for most of my life and they have never really worked for me. I didn't particually like the feel of roll on deodorants either so I didn't really have much choice. I bought this Mitchum Advanced Oxygen Odor Control Technology Pure Fresh Antiperspirant and Deodorant - that's a month full- about two months ago to try as I wanted to find a new good antiperspirant before the heat wave came along. It had a lot of press saying it was a good product so I forgot about my roll on past experience and decided to try it.

It's nothing like I thought it would be, the product is actually dry instead of wet and when you roll it on to your underarm area it leaves white product on the skin. It isn't a big amount that will be noticeable or rub off on your clothes so you don't need to worry. From what I have gathered since I started using it, it works be drying out your underarm skin and this stops your armpits from producing sweat. That may not be the true science of it but that is how I feel it works on my own skin.

I have used this during most of the English heat wave these past weeks and it has been a life saver. I use the roll on first thing in the morning and my underarms are still bone dry when I get home in the evening, that's what I call a good deodorant! The white particles that are left on your skin can be brushed off before you get dressed and since using this deodorant, I don't think I'll ever go back to a spray.

I was a little worried that because of the way it works, it would dry out my skin too much and leave it irritated or sensitive but luckily it drys your underarms enough to stop you from sweating and stops there. Other people have commented saying that the product  has dried out their skin too much and left it sore but I guess I am a lucky one.

The roll ons do cost around £3.20 which can sound expensive when you can get other brands for just a pound, but I feel like the roll on with last such a long time compared to other brands. I may be wrong about that so if you buy one and it lasts only a month I'm sorry don't come after me! To me, paying £3 for something that works really well at stopping me sweating is a good price, especially since it seems like it will last a good amount of time.
You may also like:

1 comment

  1. I've never been a fan of roll on deodorant, but this does sound like a product that works and I think you've convinced me to give it a go!

    Beka. xo
    littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.