How i'm going to spend my first Christmas out of retail

How i'm going to spend my first Christmas out of retail


Since the year 2010 i have spent my Christmas eves, boxing days and new years working in a shop and wishing i was like my family who spent all those days together. Having Christmas day and new years day as one of your two days off a week really kills your Christmas spirit. I've tried to not let it get me too down over the last 7 years and to be completely honest, after so many years it was all i knew.

Now after 7 long years i am finally out of retail and have a traditional break, i couldn't be more excited! My office are breaking up on the 21st of December and are not reopening till the 2nd of January, this is completely strange to me so it will be a shock to the system. I might not know what to do with my 11 days off. I am making the most of my weekends this month and attending the early Christmas markets, they are the best things ever! All the cute shops, great food and Christmas music.

Here is a little itinerary of my next two months with a few events I've already gone to from the start of the month.

#3rd November 
Bonfire Night at Wickstead Park

#10th November
Northampton Winter Food Festival

#17th November 
Higham Ferrers Christmas Sparkle

#24th November
Towcester Christmas Fayre

#1st December 
Birmingham Christmas Market

#20th December
Work Christmas party at Barton Seagrave Hall

#Christmas Eve
Spending the day round my parents making sure we have everything ready for Christmas day

#Christmas Day
Christmas at the brother in laws house with all the family and a sleepover

#Boxing Day
Scanning the internet for some boxing day deals in my pj's eating the left over food
If i can bring myself to actually step foot in a shop after Christmas you may see me having a look in the sale sections. I have decided if i actually want to be on the other end this year, i know how crazy shoppers can be at Christmas.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.