Let there be light - Unique Makeshift Lamp






Over Christmas I went a bit crazy with fairy lights, I bought quite a few packs to decorate my room over the festive holidays. Since then, I have changed my room around and so now all my mirrors need changing position as they are blocked off by my bed. This also means that my fairy lights look really out of place wrapped round my mirror.

I didn't know what to do with them and then I thought up this idea of putting them inside these two yellow and green vases I have had for donkeys years now which were never being used. 
The idea is so simple and I think it looks really unusual. The lamp can be any colour you want, you just put the fairy lights in the colour vase you want the lamp to be and it reflects that colour. 
These makeshift lamps are really bright and look great on cabinets and shelves, I've put my two on my DVD stand on one end of my room and on my side at the other end. The fairy lights were only £2.99 from home bargains and you can use any size, colour or shape of vase you want!
I thought I'd share this with you because it's a simple and cheap idea, plus it is very different from anything it the shops. Try it out! :) 

You may also like:

1 comment

  1. This is such a cute idea! I might need to try this! x
    I posted a huge haul, would mean a lot if you checked it out :) http://itsonlysophie.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0 xxx

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.