Maybelline NewYork superstay 24H foundation


I purchased this on Feel Unique this month as my trusted Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation was running out fast and I wanted to try something different this time. It claims to stay flawless all day, move with your skin, and 'resists heat, humidity, sweat, transfer, touch, LIFE!'. So I was excited to try it out.

I got it in the shade Ivory which is what my Rimmel foundation is in and I've found it to be darker then that, which I am pleased with. I wanted a darker foundation to wear with fake tan but I didn't know how to pick which shade I would go up to. I didn't want to pick a shade too dark for my face that would make me look like a worker at Willy Wonka's chocolate factory, even with fake tan! So to have found this difference in shade without meaning too has been helpful.

I had never used a Maybelline foundation before so I didn't know what to expect, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The packaging isn't too fancy but it doesn't need to be, the content inside is the important thing to me. The tone of the foundation is natural as well as making my skin glow.  The only thing I don't like about the foundation is it doesn't blend in easily with my ECOtools bamboo foundation brush, it is like the foundation just disappears as soon as I touch the brush to my face, and feels like I'm rubbing a dry brush across my face. This means I have to use my hands to apply this foundation which I wasn't too keen on at first, but after a few days I got used to it and don't mind it now. I still prefer using my brush though as it is less messy. One good thing about this foundation is it works well with my trusted Collection Pressed powder and Collection concealer which is important!

I find that it does last my entire working day (8:30 till 6 oclock +) and I don't feel the need to retouch it during the day. Even when I have been running around work like a headless chicken.

I can honestly say I don't love this foundation as much as Rimmel's Wake me Up but I have put that foundation up on a pedestal from the moment I started using it, so I would be surprised if I did. The foundation has good coverage lasting the whole day and gives me a nice dewy glow. You have to really work it with your fingers but once you get used to using your fingers again its fine.

What do you think of the superstay foundation? :)
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.