Ways to unwind in the evenings


Working 40 hours a week can really take it out of you so if your anything like me then you know how treasured free evenings are. Lately I feel like I am always on the move seeing friends and being out and about with my boyfriend in the evenings and so I feel like I don't actually have any spare time. From now on though (yes I am making a new years resolution already) I shall make more of an effort to free up my evenings and spend more time relaxing instead of always being on the ball. My friends might see my evening as free but to me, im busy relaxing :)

Here are some of my favourite ways to relax in the evenings

Taking my make up off the first thing I do when I get home is tie my hair up and take my make up off, especially if I've been at work all day. As soon as I'm home I like to wipe the day away and free up my skin.

Having a bath or shower depending on what type of mood I'm in, I'll always tend to have some sort of wash when I get home as I don't like to relax in bed dirty, getting into bed after a shower or bath is the best feeling, especially if they are new sheets!

Lighting some candles and popping the fairy lights on I don't know why but there is something about having a candle burning in the background or having my fairy lights on that really relaxes me.

Turning my phone off or atleast putting it away and ignoring it, I don't really have a problem with leaving my phone but just a few phone free hours can do a lot to your mood.

Popping a soothing face mask on even when I am having a good skin day I like to pop a face mask on to just relax my skin and keep it looking fresh and spot free.

Reading a magazine I have a yearly subscription to Cosmo so I always have something to read in my room when I want to relax and ignore technology for a little while.

Paint my nails nothing makes me free more refreshed then having newly painted nails and them looking good!

Writing down any blog post ideas I have a blog ideas notepad that I carry with my everywhere to write down inspiration (because I am getting organised now ;)) and I find I get the most ideas when I am relaxed and taking it easy, it is like my free mind just wonders and ideas appear.

And lastly one thing that is a cosy evening must is getting into a onesie. It has to be done!





You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.