How i'm keeping my skin hydrated this winter

simple, Clinique, glossier, kielhs, skincare, winter, autumn, hydration, flatlay, products, boots,
I'm sure I am not the only person who's favourite time of year is right now but also dreads the effect it will have on their skin. I have predominantly dry skin which becomes more dry during the colder months. Over the years I have learnt tips and tricks to keep my skin hydrated and have a list of products I can go between to fix any problems. Here are the products that I am currently using. 

Starting off with the most important product - lip balm! Everyone in my RL knows that I have problematic dry lips and sees the effects of them every week so I never skip this step in my morning or evening skincare routine. I have exclusively used Glossier Balm Dot Com since I first tried them some years ago. I don't know any other lip balm that rivals them. This is a crucial step in my routine to make sure my lips are looked after for the day so I always start my day applying lip balm. 

Next I have what I call an under base product which comes in so handy during the colder months. I only first tried serums a few years ago and I do think the effects they give your skin are unlike any other type of product. During the day I like to use the Glossier Super Bounce Serum which gives your skin extra moisture and plumps your skin to make it feel younger and smoother. I find this teamed with a moisturiser is the perfect base for my make to last all day and my face to stay hydrated for hours. 

Before I go to bed I like to apply Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate which I am pretty sure is magic in a bottle. I first picked this up in Brighton this year and after a little demo from the sales assistant I was go excited to try it! I have reads reviews where people have explained that the serum has brought them out in spots, I have experienced that myself but I was using it every night for about 2 months. I find this is a perfect product to use as and when your skin needs it. I like to keep this on my bed side table so after I have done my skincare routine and let the other products sink in, I then decided before I fall to sleep whether my skin needs some extra help that night. 

Lastly I have two moisturises which are both affordable products from Boots. I have previously been a bit of a skincare snob when it came to moisturisers (bar the Sukin Facial Moisturiser which is actually the bomb and great under make up!) but when I ran out of my favourite Clinique Moisturiser I needed a replacement which was easily assessible and a bit cheaper. I tested the Simple Water Boost Hydrating Gel Cream in store one day and couldn't believe how light and hydrating the product was, and at £6.99 for 50ml (currently £4.66 on offer) I had to try it. You definitely do not need a lot so the tub lasts a long time and paired with my Glossier serum, my skin feels amazing afterwards. Full post of my favourite moisturises here!

My last moisturiser is the Sukin Moisture Restoring Night Cream. I am not a religious night cream wearer, as sometimes with dry to combination skin you can over moisturise, but hen I do I like to use this. Sukin is an Australian made, natural, cruelty free, vegan, carbon neutral brand and if none of that takes your fancy, its products feel so luxurious. At £14.99 for 120ml you really are buying a greta product from a great company at a great price. They have difference ranges which range in price but I have found with all the products I have tried, that they last so long. I first tried this product along with a few others last January and I still have some much product left (see blog post here).

Have you got any products you swear by this time of year?  
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.