Make Up Revolution Protection Palette


Shock I've bought another Make Up Revolution product! I think I do have some sort of obsession, I'm sure Make Up Revolution aren't complaining!

This purchase I have Rachel Coco to blame for, she wrote a great post here on the product and that was enough for me to go on the website and buy it. I have been looking for a nice contour palette that would actually suit my skin tone and that I could use everyday. I previously bought the sleek contour palette in medium and at first I loved it, but then winter came and I never used it because it was way too dark for my pale skin no matter how little I put on and how much I blended it out, that number now lives in my more tanned sisters make up bag.

So I was really excited to try this palette that I purchased in light. I was really excited to have it because it had everything in it that I would need. The only thing I haven't used in the palette yet are the concealers and that Is because I am too stuck in my ways with my beloved concealer palette that I have had for ages now and swear by. Apart from them all the other sections have been tried and tested.

Powder
I really like the powder I think it sets the contour and blush really well. One thing I did find was that when I used it on my concealer and I then went outside in the cold, my eyes started watering and then when I got home I noticed crusty bits under my eyes where the powder had mixed with my tears, which wasn't a nice looking thing. So I have learnt my lesson and since then I haven't used it to set my concealer.

Contour
The contour is the perfect shade for me, I use my Real Techniques setting brush to draw a line of contour powder across my check bones and then use my Real Techniques multi task brush to blend it out and make it look more natural on my check bones. So far I have never put so much on that I haven't been able to blend it out naturally, so there is no chance of me looking like a drag queen using this!

Blush
The blush is a very natural pink shade that looks nice and natural next to the contour. I tend to draw a line of this blush directly above my contour line and then blend really well in together. I find all of Make Up Revolutions blushes are of high quality and this one is no exception.

Highlight
This is possible my favourite out of the whole palette, the dreamy highlight. It is a lovely pale pink glittery shade which looks great on the top of cheek bones and doesn't make me look shiny or like a Disney fairy.

This is a great all round product and for only £6 you get so much in one palette. I used this on my sister and she absolutely loved it so I have bought her one for her birthday so I am spreading the word!

You may also like:

2 comments

  1. I love the colours in this palette. All of them look natural and aren't too dark for really pale skin, will have to give this a go! X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours in this palette. All of them look natural and aren't too dark for really pale skin, will have to give this a go! X

    www.allaboutthatmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.