Rimmel Foundation | The Formulas

The one drugstore brand who I think know their foundations really well are Rimmel, they dominate my foundation collection by more than half and every formula they come out with suits my skin so well. Rimmel is one of the first brands I started using when I dove into makeup in my teens and I still love the same products now.

favourites, foundation, lasting finish, match perfection, rimmel,

My all time favourite foundation and the first one I ever tried out is the Rimmel Wake Me Up. This foundation gives me perfect glowy skin and a little subtle shimmer to my skin. It has a medium coverage so it covers most blemishes and it doesn't cake on my face no matter how much product I put on. yay! The shimmer to the foundation isn't to everyone's taste but I love the glow it gives me and that's why this foundation is a staple in my summer makeup bag. Plus for a smaller size bottle the product lasts for ages!
I have this product in 100 Ivory and 200 Soft Beige

Another formula I love from Rimmel is their Match Perfection foundation which was my holy grail foundation for about 2 years. This is my bog standard good skin in a bottle foundation, no matter what my skin is playing at at the time this foundation comes to the rescue every time. It again is a medium coverage which is build-able depending on how your skin is behaving and how much product you want to use. I specially like to use this formula when my skin is particularly red and patchy as you can never till once I have this foundation on. This foundation is my go to holiday/tanned shade.
I have this product in 201 Classic Beige


My last formulation I am going to talk about is the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hr foundation. I have this foundation in both the Nude and the Comfort Serum, to be completely honest I can't tell the difference between them but I love them both. This is the foundation which is 9/10 times in my handbag with me in case I need a touch up or I am on the move somewhere. Like the match perfection formula this foundation gives me good skin when my skin isn't particularity behaving and can be built up to give more than the medium coverage that it gives with one layer.
I have this product in  103 True Ivory and 200 Soft Beige. 

One thing I love about Rimmel Foundations is the price, you can't go wrong with a good foundation for £7.99. It doesn't matter what brand I try for a new base - and I am trying to branch out a little bit- I always find my way back to Rimmel as I know their products work for my skin. All three formulas blend really easily into the skin so that it doesn't look like you have a layer of slap on and they last all day.

Which formula is your favourite?



You may also like:

2 comments

  1. I don't wear foundation, but I've heard all good things about Rimmel's formulas!

    Mind checking out my recent?

    Alice
    www.girlabroadblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only have their lipstick and I've never tried their foundations, but I've heard so much good stuff about this 'lasting finish' with the red lid. I think I'll try it once I'll need a new foundation. :)
    is any of these for oily skin though?

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.