My Simple Skincare


My Simple Skincare

I feel like every time I write a skincare blog post my products vary greatly but I am someone who has annoying skin which gets bored of products quite quickly and decides to act up again so I like to change it up quite frequently. For the last 2 months I have stepped back from all my lotions and potions and decreased the amount of products I use on my face (mainly out of laziness) and went back to a few old favourites.

I decided to stop using my Garnier Micellar water once I had finished the bottle as I felt like it wasn't doing anything for my skin and thought my skin problems might be down to it, so I traded that in for the Simple Kind To Skin Micellar Cleansing Water which I much prefer now. I find my skin feels more clean after I have used this where as with the Garnier Micellar water I always felt like there was residue left on my skin. I have been using this to take off my makeup at night and after I have washed my face in the morning to make sure my skin is completely clean before I put anything on it.

I've also done a very bad thing... I've bought facial wipes... I know bad blogger! A lot of people have an bad opinion about makeup wipes and I have preferred using micellar waters over wipes for years but to be completely honest I thought it couldn't hurt to use a wipe to take off my makeup now and again. I picked up the Simple Kind To Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes because unlike other wipes they aren't soaked in product so you don't feel like your skin is drenched in product after using them. I doubt I will use these every night like my micellar water but it is always handy to have them around for emergency situations (like this week when I ran out of cotton wool pads so couldn't use a micellar water to take my makeup off- I was too lazy for a cleaning balm and flannel!)

My last step in my skincare routine is the Simple Kind To Skin Facial Toner which was the product which really got me back into the brand. The bottle is nearly empty now I've used it so much because I have been obsessed with it recently. This bottle had been racking round my skincare box for months (probably too many months but ah well..) and I decided to use it one day after I took my makeup off and ever since then I have used it everyday. I find the product to feel wet when applied to the skin so it feels really refreshing, but it doesn't leave any product on my skin after it has dried which I really like.

So far so good with my new routine, I find I have spots on my chin no matter what time of the month it is, what season it is outside or whether I am in a happy place or a not so happy place so my skin still isn't perfect but I find with these few products, that my skin feels cleaner and more alive which makes me a happy Chels!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.