Getting My Glow This Spring | Base


Getting My Glow This Spring | Base

Since it looks like we wont be getting sunshine anytime soon in England I am gonna need to fake my glow some other way and thankfully I have some products in my stash that do just that. I am tired of being pale and wrapping up and so I looking forward to going outside without a coat and not having my makeup end up all over my coat rather than on my face.

Starting off with skincare I find using Origins GinZing moisturiser and the Clinique Prep Start eye cream leave my skin feeling and looking super healthy, it also creates a great base for makeup when I want a super dewy look. They are both moisturising products which are light weight and easy to work together and with my makeup.

Sticking with the skincare I love using the Dove Summer Glow Moisturizer to hydrate my skin as well as give me a really beautiful golden tan. I am not the best at applying tanning products but with this moisturiser you really can't go wrong. You just apply the moisturiser to your skin after a shower or bath and the more product you apply the more tanned you appear. I normally apply a thin layer to my skin on a daily basis to build it up gradually and then when a need a quick tan I just apply a large amount. This exact bottle as well is only sold in B&M stores for 2 pound so make sure you don't buy the new smaller tubs that are more expensive!

Now that my skin is glowing I need a glowing face, my two favourite bases to use for good glowing skin are the Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in Ivory and the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation in Vanilla. Bourjois is my more natural glowy skin base where as the Rimmel foundation is my more tanned bronzed base for when I have a real good tan. Both foundations give me a great base which lasts all day and doesn't dull during wear. I like to match my concealers when I use these foundations so when I wear the Bourjois foundation I pair it with the Bourjois Radiance Reveal concealer and when I wear the Rimmel foundation I pair it with the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer. The Rimmel concealer is super weightless and light coverage and good for when you don't really need to wear a concealer but feel weird not applying it where as the Bourjois concealer is super high coverage and really brightening at the same time.

Lastly to add more glow to my base I still love to use the Tanya Burr Skin Illuminator and the Loreal True Match Highlighter in Golden Glow. I have spoken about these two products many times before and you know I love wearing these underneath my foundation as an all over natural glow or on the tops of my cheekbones for a stand out glow.

I am so ready for the Spring time now after this horrible weather we have been getting so I have been getting all my Spring makeup out of my draws so I am ready for the sun. What new Spring products do I need in my life?
You may also like:

4 comments

  1. Love the intro, considering we've got a little heatwave at the minute haha! I've been looking for products to help my skin look more glowy, so this is so helpful! The L'Oreal true match highlights, sound great xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did write this last week when the weather wasn't as amazing as it now! They are worth a try I swear by them :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely all about the glowy products! I tried the Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation back in the day and really wasn't pleased with it. Even after setting it down with powder I felt that it just melted off and moved around my face. Maybe they have changed the formula since - I'll have to give it another go!
    Amber | www.amberatlanta.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that sometimes when I apply too much of the foundation, I only use a really thin amount and it looks really natural. It's defo not as shimmery as it used to be so they might have! :)

      Delete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.