3 Techniques For Washing Make Up Brushes

3 Techniques For Washing Make Up Brushes
I like to change up how I wash my makeup brushes frequently depending on how much time I have, how many brushes I need to wash and of course, if I can be bothered. Some techniques are quick and easy and some take more time but they give my brushes a thorough deep clean so there are good and bad points for both. Here are my favourite three techniques to use...

Cleanser - Eye Shadow Brushes
I was pulled in by the hype that surrounds the Mac Brush Cleanser and if I am being completely honest I do not use it as much as I should, but it is always handy to have on hand. With this cleanser I usually cover a cotton pad in the solution and rub my eye brushes repeatedly on the pad until the brushes are clean. This is a easy way to clean your eye brushes in between deep washes when you run out of clean brushes and i always find my eye shadow brushes run out quicker than any other brushes. One thing i do find with this product is that it doesn't clean my brushes completely and the cleanser can run out quite quick and you need a good amount of product to work on the brushes, so I never use it for big face brushes otherwise it would run out after just a few brushes. Also for £12 it can be quite costly when you have to keep re-purchasing it so its not the cheapest option.

Soap - Sponges and Foundation Brushes
My favourite method of cleaning my brushes is to us a sponge. I first started with a proper beauty blender soap which made cleaning my miracle complexion sponges  so much easier. Once that ran out i picked up some standard body soaps and they work just as well. I find foundation brushes wash really easily with soaps as the foundation can build up on the brushes which can be stubborn to remove. The best thing about this method is that you can find packs of soap for basically nothing in B&M or Home bargains!

Shower Products - Majority of Brushes
This is definitely the cheapest option and gives my brushes the best clean out of all the three. I like to do a big clean with all my brushes when I use this method so I don't tend to do it too often as it can be time consuming. When I do use this method I feel like a new women after I am finished. I usually wet the  brushed under a running tap and then swirl them around in a handful of shower gel and run under running water again until it runs clean. This can be super quick with eye shadow brushes but can take longer with foundation brushes. This is my favourite method to wash my brushes and for just £6.50 these products can last for months and months even if you washed your brushes once a week.

3 Techniques For Washing Make Up Brushes


As you can see i have a lot of brushes to wash... Which method do you prefer to use? Do you have any cheaper alternatives? 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.