Styling Summer Dresses For Autumn | What I've Been Wearing Lately

 I have been making a conscious effort to think of new and different outfits for this season as last year, I spent most of the winter in a big fluffy jumper and jeans. A few weeks ago I dug back out my spring summer items and picked out some dresses which I could with for the colder months.

style, fashion, autumn, reworking outfits, Pinterest, shein, h&m, primark, winter, cold weather, layers, selfie, outfits, work outfits, office wear, dress, ditsy dress,

First up is a new dress which I mentioned already in my last post and I haven't been disappointed. I wore this dress from Shein to a Christmas house party and I absolutely loved how it looked with knee high boots and black tights. I always think you can't go wrong with a black and white spotted dress in any season.

style, fashion, autumn, reworking outfits, Pinterest, shein, h&m, primark, winter, cold weather, layers, selfie, outfits, work outfits, office wear, dress, ditsy dress,


And since I love black and white spotted dresses so much, I picked up another one from the same website and have been wearing it to work with my cropped H&M jumper on top for extra warmth. I've picked them both up in a size medium so that it would be too tight on my back and I love the way they hang lose but look fitted with a simple black belt on top. I do need to stock up on baggy ditsy dresses so I may need to make another order!

style, fashion, autumn, reworking outfits, Pinterest, shein, h&m, primark, winter, cold weather, layers, selfie, outfits, work outfits, office wear, dress, ditsy dress,


Next up I have a green smock dress I purchased a few years ago from H&M which again is big and baggy but I normally pull it in with a belt. To make the dress more weather appropriate I just wore a black roll neck underneath with some black tights and a black belt to pull the outfit together. During winter roll necks are your best friends and I have been wearing mine none stop. They do sell this dress in a number of different colours and I stopped myself picking up the black version as I didn't think I got enough wear out of my green dress but now, I may need to keep a eye out on the website.

style, fashion, autumn, reworking outfits, Pinterest, shein, h&m, primark, winter, cold weather, layers, selfie, outfits, work outfits, office wear, dress, ditsy dress,


My last actual dress is a purple velvet number I picked up from Primark a few years ago and this is a dress which looks super cute during the summer with some little black heels but I think it looks even cuter with a black long sleeve and tights underneath. Sometimes I think I look a little bit young in the dress but then I try it on and fall back in love.

style, fashion, autumn, reworking outfits, Pinterest, shein, h&m, primark, winter, cold weather, layers, selfie, outfits, work outfits, office wear, dress, ditsy dress,


Lastly I have a jumpsuit (similar) which I thought I would add into this post because it is such a staple summer piece because of the design and I thought I wasn't going to get any wear till next spring. The materials of the jumpsuit isn't the thickest so I can only wear it for a few weeks before I need to layer some tights underneath. I have teamed it with my white roll neck to bring out the light colours but I can also wear it with a black roll neck which works better with the tights and black boots.

Do you have any spring/summer items you've reworked for the colder months?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.