How to stay motived in the winter

batch cooking, diary, lifestyle, List, motivation, prep, routine, winter,

Does anyone else find it extremely difficult to get themselves into gear during the winter? I am quite a lazy person at the best of times so once the mornings get darker and the nights get colder, you can imagine how much of a sloth I become. 

Here are a few steps I find help me stay motivated during the winter months! 

# make a routine 

I know not everyone likes having a routine to stick to but I find if I don't have one, I just sit in my pjs any time I'm not at work. Whether its an evening routine to stop me getting into bed too early or a weekend routine that involves going out for a walk and visiting a new village, it just means I feel like I have done something with my time rather than waste it. 

# batch cook and plan your meals

I love planning my meals for the week, for one because it means I can buy in the ingredients I need beforehand and two, because it means I have a delicious dinner to look forward to. It can be so easy to finish work, finally get home when it is pitch black outside and not know what to cook. Let alone the effort it takes to make a cooked meal! 

I like to batch cook something like a lasagne or Sheppard's pie on a Sunday so that I have a warm lunch all week or a easy homecooked dinner to fall back on. I also find the easiest thing to do in the winter is to stick a load of ingredients into the slow cooker first thing in the morning when you have the most energy so by the time you finish work, there is no cooking to do. 

# lay out your clothes ahead of time to remind yourself not to get into your pjs 

When I do decide to have a workout at the gym I like to lay my gym clothes on my bed in the morning so by the time I get home, I have the urge to actually put them on and go. If I am planning to go out for the evening with friends, I also like to pick my outfit ahead of time because when I finish work in the evening, you can be sure I'll want to go out in some leggings and a baggy jumper. 

# make plans!

I know it can be so easy to spend most evenings and weekends relaxing at home in the comfort of your fluffy pjs but I try and make plans on a weekly basis during the winter. I am an introvert person at the best of times so I know what it is like when your don't want to leave the house at all but, I do make myself busy. I like to plan meals with my friends during the week or Christmas events with my family at the weekend. I know during the Christmas periods most peoples diaries are jam packed anyway, I know mine is already! Got to love the season! 

Let me know how you stay motived during the winter months!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.