5 Reasons To Shop Your Wardrobe

capsule, Chelsea loves, chelskiiiiloves, lists, outfit ideas, pinterest, shop your wardrobe, Wardrobe, discoverunder1k, love your wardrobe, bradigan, mom jeans,

As many of you will know by now I have been attempting to create my perfect capsule wardrobe since last year and I am slowly getting there. My wardrobe has reduced in size dramatically and my way of thinking when it comes to shopping has completely shifted 180.

Instead of going out and buying loads of items which I don't need just because they are slightly reduced, I now look at what I already have in my wardrobe, make outfits out these items and then make a list of items which I think are missing from my wardrobe. If you haven't tried it I would highly recommend it. If you have and it didn't float your boat, fair play at least you gave it a go! For those of you who haven't, here are a few reasons why I think people should shop their wardrobe.

1. To love your clothing more 
When I used to have a very large wardrobe, most of the clothing didn't get worn. I already back then would stick to my favourite items and ignore the items I know I couldn't make work or didn't have anything to go with. That clothing isn't getting any love. When you have a wardrobe filled with clothing that you love, it makes you excited to pick an outfit and excited to wear that item again. If you have a wardrobe full of clothing that you never wear, what was the point in buying it?

2. To encourage you to think of new outfit ideas
Having a reduced wardrobe does mean you have to play around to create different outfits on a day to day basis, which is why it is great to have a colour theme to your wardrobe so that you know, every item will go with every other item. You might get bored wearing a jumper and jeans ever day so play around with layers and textures. I spend a few hours a day on Pinterest finding new outfits and saving my favourites. If you need any ideas have a look!

3. To reduce your waste 
This is a big issue that came to a head over the last few years and fast fashion is a big problem. I do still shop on some stores classed as 'fast fashion' but I am more conscious now to the problem which also helped me reduce my buying. I now only buy items with I will literally wear to death. No wear once and forget out it moto that some people have. Times have changed and with my reduced wardrobe I find that I don't need to throw out any clothing as it is all pieces I will like for a long time and which will last me till they have lots of holes in. I also take my clothing to charities and collections so if you are thinking about reducing your wardrobe and trying a capsule wardrobe remember from school, reduce reuse and recycle!

4. To minimise the space your wardrobe takes up and reduce the time it takes to get ready! 
This is a big one for me because I hate taking ages to get ready so having a smaller selection of clothes to choose from makes finding outfits easier and faster. The idea is to pick a top and bottom out of your wardrobe and they should match if you have your colour theme down to a tee. Also have a smaller wardrobe will mean your will have more room in your wardrobe and more room for activities!!

5. To save money
You will see in a later post that saving money is on the top of my to do list this year so listen up good. Before I started my capsule wardrobe I was going out shopping most weekends and at least picking up one new thing. Since starting my capsule wardrobe I have spent about 20% of the amount I used to spend on clothes. You are allow to buy clothing when you have a capsule wardrobe, you just remove an item so that your wardrobe doesn't get cluttered and you don't allow yourself to impulse buy. I have saved so much money on clothing and I am so proud of myself. You do end up spending more money on one single item of clothing in the long run because you are investing in that piece of clothing, but you don't have to run before you can walk. You can start a capsule wardrobe with the clothing in your wardrobe right now.

What was your reason for starting your capsule wardrobe?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.