Shopping my wardrobe: Date Night Outfits for Autumn/Winter

autumn, date night, fashion, femme luxe, H&M, minimalism, Newlook, Outfits, shein, shopping your stash, style, Wardrobe, winter,


I love dressing up for a date night with Cal and although he wouldn't care if I went out in my pjs (don't worry I wouldn't!), I still love to plan my outfits and feel dressed up for the occasion. So I thought I would show you some of the outfits I have made from the items I already have in my wardrobe. Some of the outfits will be a bit fancy in case you are going for a fancy meal for a special occasion but some of the outfits are also cosy and casual.

autumn, date night, fashion, femme luxe, H&M, minimalism, Newlook, Outfits, shein, shopping your stash, style, Wardrobe, winter,


My first few outfits are a little bit fancy for when you are going out to a nice restaurant. First up is a black velvet playsuit (similar) which I picked up from Newlook a few months ago for only £8, what a bargain! I haven't found a time to wear it yet so my mission is to wear it on a date night with Cal this year. It feels like you are wearing a onesie so it is the most comfortable outfit I now own and if you wanted to make it bit more casual, you could throw a big jumper on top to make them look like felt bottoms.

My next outfit is another fancy one which includes items that everyone has in their wardrobe! If you don't already own a leather skirt (similar), you are missing out! Although I don't wear it for a lot of the year I do find certain times of the year when I become obsessed with it again and it is always handy to have for a night out. For a date night I would pair this with one of my H&M shirts and some little black boots and my outfit is sorted. If you wanted to tone down the outfit as well I normally just swop the shirt for a ribbed roll neck and make the skirt the focus of the outfit.

An outfit which no one will be surprised about involves my favourite little leggings. These leather look leggings from Femme Luxe are so easy to wear and look great with practically everything. For date night I would wear these with my cream H&M shirt and my Newlook Patterned boots to make it seem like my legs were never ending (which they definitely are). Again if you wanted to dress the outfit down because you are only going out to a pub, you could swop the shirt for a jumper or whack the jumper on top so that you have the collar poking out.

autumn, date night, fashion, femme luxe, H&M, minimalism, Newlook, Outfits, shein, shopping your stash, style, Wardrobe, winter,


Moving on to some outfits which aren't too fancy but you wouldn't call them casual as well, the first two options are my black and white dresses from Shein. Since I purchased these in the last few months I have worn both non stop. I have worn then to new years eve and a Christmas party as well as to work with some flats. They are so versatile and instead of wearing them with black tights, I have started wearing them with skin colour tights and they completely change the outfit. For new years eve I wore one of the dresses with skin coloured tights, some chunky black boots and a red bag and felt great.

Next up I have another outfit which involves my H&M shirts but they literally can be worn with anything to anywhere. I like to pair the shirts with my Billabong Mini Skirt and wear a black and gold black over the top, it is a very smartish preppy look which I actually love to wear. I can change up the shirt to make 4 different outfits and although the skirt is tight and short, the bagginess of the shirt makes me comfortable and covered up. TIP I wouldn't wear this skirt with skin coloured tights unless you want everyone to see what you have eaten for the last week!



Lastly moving on to my more casual outfits for a lovely pub dinner date, starting with a favourite of mine from the summer - the midi skirt (similar). I have been wearing these with black or white roll necks in the winter and as long as I have some tights on underneath, it is the perfect outfit. I do find because the skirt doesn't have a slit anywhere on it, black tights don't look right with the shirt so I stick to skin coloured tights.

autumn, date night, fashion, femme luxe, H&M, minimalism, Newlook, Outfits, shein, shopping your stash, style, Wardrobe, winter,


My last outfit of the post is probably my favourite because it is comfy, cosy and looks like I have made a lot of effort. It features the shirts again... I'm sorry I cant help it! Once you see it hopefully you will let me off for using them again. My last outfit is my Primark black mom jeans (similar) with the cream shirt tucked in, adding the black and gold belt and my Primark loafers to make the look really preppy and put together. You really can't go wrong with mom jeans and the black ones are so flattering.

I hope you liked the outfits and have found some inspiration for your own wardrobe. Let me know which outfits you loved!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.