Where I Spend & Where I Save

It can be quite daunting thinking about all the items you want to invest money in for the long run and then totalling up how much it would cost to invest in them items...  I find that investment pieces can be something that you gradually add to your collection when and wear you can, and there is nothing wrong with buying non-investment pieces in the mean time.
accessories, basics, Budget, clothing, fashion, food, home décor, investing, lifestyle, List, makeup, pinterest, saving, skincare,

Following on from that thought, I wanted to do a round up of items, clothing and non clothing, which I like to spend money on and save money on. I don't have loads of money to spend on myself, I have a mortgage and would like to have children in the near future so spending vast amounts of money on myself just isn't a priority. I hope this helps people who are trying to figure out what they want to spend their hard money on but don't know where to start.

Where I like to spend 
  • Skincare
    • Moisturiser - Apart from the Sukin Facial Moisturiser which I am a big fan of, I mainly only use Clinique or Origins moisturiser and the main reason for this is simply - my skin like them much better. I have tried a few drugstore moisturisers but 9/10 times my skin does not agree with them so naturally, I am going to listen to my skin.
    • Eye Cream - Since I started wearing eye cream a few years back (not as soon as I should have mind you) I have always stuck to the Clinique All About The Eyes Cream and I have never found anything to rival it. I tried to find a pot of eye cream from Boots when I ran out and all I could find was tube eye creams. What is up with that?
  •  Outerwear 
    •  Outerwear is generally a higher price point because of what it is made of and the amount of material used but I do like to spend a little extra on my outerwear to make sure it lasts me for many many years. You end up wearing your outerwear 10x more than any other item in your wardrobe and it completely covers your outfit so it needs to be something that works with everything and stands the time. I also like to spend a little more on a outerwear piece because i have a select collection of coats and jacket rather than having a large collection to choose from. 
  • Footwear 
    • Footwear is around the same thinking as my outerwear collection, i have a few key pieces of footwear that I rotate depending on the season so i like to invest in shoes that will last me more than one season. I still have some shoes from Primark and Newlook which have lasted me a long while but I do like to go into TKMax and see what more brands I can get my hands on. 
  • Jewellery - excluding earrings 
    • I used to love the 'costume' jewellery that I used to buy in Clair's Accessories when I was younger but now I have ground up I much prefer the more simple diligent pieces. I find to buy a piece of jewellery that will last years without the chain breaking, you do need to invest a little into the piece. 
  • Handbags
    • Again this is very similar to my thinking process about footwear and outerwear, a good hand bag can last you so many years and work for any occasion. I am someone who bangs and bashes their handbag around all days so i need one which is going to last more than a few months before breaking.
  • Kitchen Equipment 
    • Strange one maybe to put in but a very important one for people deciding to move out! When im talking about kitchen equipment I'm talking washing machine, slow cooker, dish washer - all of the equipment which can cost a lot to replace at the wrong time. When i need to buy something for the kitchen i do like to go by certain brands which i know last a long time and have great customer service. My favourites if you wanted to know are Russel Hobbs and Samsung. 
Where I like to save 

  • Home Decor 
    • As much as i love looking in the white company... it just isn't going to happen. The price some brands charge for home decor is crazy considering Home Bargains and Primark do some amazing items which are similar and more than half the price! I feel like only a few years ago it wasn't seen as cool to buy home bits from shops like Home Bargains and then in the space of a year or two, everyone is raving about their products and I can see why.
  •  Makeup
    • If you have been around for a long time than you will know that i have always been a drugstore makeup girl right from the beginning and nothing has really changed. Although i like to spend a bit more on my skincare, I find most makeup works on a good base and I do have my favourites. Rimmel, Revolution and Kiko are to name a few which i have stuck with for many years. I have a few higher end products in my collection but the majority of it is from Boots.
  • Earings
    • I couldn't count for you the number of earrings I have upstairs, the number would carry on for a long while and along the years I have picked up big packs of multiple design earrings from Newlook and Primark and I have never had a problem with them. If you have sensitive ears than maybe ignore this point but i would rather spend £10 on a pack of 50 earrings them £50 on one pair. 
  • Jersey Basics 
    • This might make people gasp in horror but I buy all my basics from Newlook and H&M because you can't go wrong with them. Most of my wardrobe is made up of basics from H&M and Newlook and i have had some for years. 
  • Jeans 
    • I know a lot of people like to invest in their jeans and have the one perfect pair but I still have some jeans that I bought from Newlook about 7 years ago and they still look perfect. I find that as long as you wash them right, you shouldn't really have a problem. Always remember to go for a smaller size so when they naturally give, they aren't too big! 
  • Nails
    • If you have never tried the fake nails from Primark what have you been doing all your life? A full set of acrylics can set you back £30 ish and to have them removed cost an extra £10 for the removal? Primark sell amazing stick on nails for just £1. When i tell people this they do look at me like OMG you must be that stingy but once i show them my hands with the fake nails on, they can't believe how good they look. Honestly if you have never tried them give them a go, it will only cost you a £1! The glue you get with them is also amazing! 
  • Cleaning Supplies 
    • Another random one but the amount some people spend on cleaning supplies is ridiculous. I buy all my cleaning supplies from Aldi or Home Bargains if certain things are on offer. I find with cleaning products... it all does the same thing! 
  • Food Shop
    • Ever since I moved into my own home I have shopped with Aldi and I love the food they make. I have converted so many people to Aldi and it is amazing the amount of money you can save on a big shop. Yes it has some set backs like the packing is really annoying but I tend to open all my bags in the trolley and throw them into the bags - rebel I know! Again i feel like it is now cool to shop at Aldi thanks to people on YouTube recording their 'weekly Aldi food shop'. 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.