How i am finding working from home

pinterest, productivity, self isolating, uniform, work life balance, work pattern, working from home, working space,


What a very strange week. It is safe to say that we all have a new norm now whether we like it or not. I have never been in a position to work from home before so this past week and a bit has been a shock to the system. I am nearly two weeks in and I still don't have a routine that I stick to. I have read a lot of posts about how to stay motivated at home and what works for other people, so its time for me to give my 5 pence.

First of all - working space. 
I have tried everywhere from working from my bed to working at my dining room table and I honestly don't particularly like either. I change up where I am working everyday to keep it feeling a bit fresh and so I don't spend too much time in one room. I have changed my spare room into a office with a table and printer and I actually hated it so that went out of the window. I have found so far that I am no more productive at any one space so for now I am going to carry on moving round the house till I find a space that works.

Second - working at home uniform.
I have spent the last 2 weeks living in jogging bottoms and comfort clothing and I have felt rubbish every day. One day I got full dressed, curled my hair and did my makeup and I felt great! I did so much and felt amazing then taking my makeup off and getting into my pjs. So from then on I have continued getting ready as if I am going into the office. It might be a waste of makeup but I like destining my work and home clothing.

Third - productivity.
I know for some people it is a sin to watch tv while working from home but personally, I need some background noise. I like to put on something I have watched before like Friends or Gavin and Stacey just so I feel like I am working in a office with other people. I can only work in silence for so long before I start to go crazy and distracted.

Lastly - keeping a work/ life balance.
It is incredibly difficult right now to keep a good work life balance and trying to keep sane in the same four walls. I find that getting up at the same time I would for work and keeping the same morning and evening routine has helped me keep my work life and my home life slightly separate. I don't work straight from 9-5 while I am at home mainly because I cant keep my concentration for long at my own office let alone when I am working at home. I try to break up the day but putting a load of washing on and making a nice lunch so that the day doesn't feel long and I also feel extra productive by doing things around the house.

Let me know how you are finding working from home and remember the most important rule - do whatever works for you! Don't worry what other people are wearing, watching or writing, you do as much as you can. You got this!
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.