Period Pants | Do They Work?

period, pants, women, girls, periods, blood, review, Sainsbury, love luna, pinterest, bikini, investing, women's toiletries,


I know what you are thinking, eww. I thought that too when I was researching them. I liked the idea of the period pants but I wasn't too keen on the concept and the price tag. Although I wanted to try them out, I was in no real rush. 

Then one day i found on social media a advert for some Period Knickers from Sainsbury for just £10. Since some period knickers on the market are around the £30 mark, this made me want to give these pants ago. If they did turn out to work, they would save me so much money and hassle in the long run. 

I picked up two different designs (and quite a few were already sold out),  the Black Love Luna Period Midi Knickers and the Black Love Luna Period Bikini Knickers. Both I purchased in a size 8-10 which is normal for me so I would suggest staying true to size, the last thing you want is a baggy knicker full of blood. They both feel like I am wearing bikini bottoms instead of knickers which was strange at first but I go used to them. They are extremely comfortable to wear all day and luckily don't cut in to my skin at all. They are also made from stretchy material as well so they double as hold-in pants while you are bloated which is amazing. 

Both knickers claim to hold up to 15ml of blood which equates to 2-3 tampons worth. I can confirm that after a full day of wearing them, I did not have any leaking problems or felt like the pants where too full to continue. I tend to have light periods in general (which I am grateful for) so these pants work great for me. I tend to only bleed for 3 out of the 7 days I am on my break from the pill so between the two pants, I was covered. 

I thought I might have some leakage during the night as I am a bit of a stirrer while I sleep but I had no problem at all with these knickers. I rotated the two pairs during my 3 day bleed and so would change them every morning and evening.  After I had change, I would soak the pants in warm water and washing liquid to release most of the blood before I washed and dried them ready for the next day. Although this felt a bit like a faff at first, I fell into the routine and I do think one more pair of pants would help my routine out. One problem I thought I might incur while trying them is that they may smell during the day or I might be able to feel the blood throughout the day but surprising, I hardly felt anything as the knickers dried very quickly and I never smelt blood once while wearing them. 

A little round of the main things I found with the knickers:

PROS                                                               
Fast drying                                                                       
Reusable                                                                           
Comfortable                                                                     
Looks great underneath clothing                                   
No odour                                                                          
Saves money in the long run on products    
Works as shape wear underneath clothing 
No leaking 
Easy to wash and keep fresh                     

CONS
Time consuming upkeep 
Need to invest in enough knickers to cover days on period
Can be expensive if you try other brands
Can not guarantee they will work for heavy periods

As you can see the pros outweigh the cons for me but it is all done to personal preference. Some people don't mind using a tampon or pad whereas I can't use tampons and pads tend to irritate me after a while. So these knickers make my life so much easier. I defiantly will be purchasing at least one more pair to make my wash rotation a bit simpler and if you have any questions about the knickers, leave them below and I will answer them for you. Anything that makes that time of the month a little easier to great for everyone! 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.