Life Update | I have a new job - Life after redundancy


Life Update | I have a new job | Life after redundancy
This is me walking into the weekend with my big girl pants on ready to live my life.

It has been two and a half months since I took redundancy from my previous employers and what a month and a half it has been! I am a creature of habit and don't enjoy change very much but this month I have just embraced everything. If you have read my previous post you will know why I took redundancy and that it was the best option for me. Two months on and I still don't regret my choice, if fact I am even more proud of myself for the decisions I made at the time because I am in a much better place right now.

Lets go back to the end of May. I had been care free living off my last pay for a month and a bit and loving life, I had kept myself busy not worrying too much about finding a job because I knew I wanted to find somewhere prefect for me, not just a place to stay with until something better came along.

A few days before the end of May I decided I had taken enough time to refresh myself and decided it was time to start properly looking. The first thing I did was message a load of recruitment agencies in my area with my CV hoping they would contact me back to meet them. I don't know how but I managed to email one agency and get an immediate response to meet them the next day. That was on the Wednesday and by Friday I was having my first trail shift in a office down the road from me. How the hell did that happen??

I never thought I would find something as quick as that and it all seemed a little fast to me so I didn't get my hopes up that they would like me or if I would even like it. When you are used to managing a floor and running around after staff and customers, sitting at a desk for 7 hours a day can be a shock to the system.

Much to my surprise the company I joined were absolutely lovely and so nice to me right from the start. Because they are a relativity small firm office wise I only share an office with a few people, I get my own desk (which I have taken over completely) and it is such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere I couldn't be happier.

I have now been with the company three weeks and I have just been asked to stay permanently working full time which I am over the moon about. It was initially suppose to be a six week temp contract but they have told me that they like me so much and that I have fitted in with them so quickly, they would love me to stay with them. You don't understand what this means to me after a month of feeling completely unmotivated and useless.

As far as working in an office goes, I get to sit at my desk and eat chocolate biscuits all day what girl doesn't love that? But seriously it is so nice to sit down and not get pulled from pillar to post every five minutes. In retail I never really got a lunch break and I almost always got texts or phone calls on my days off so it is so nice to finish work and leave it in that space. The lack of stress attached to this job is heavenly and the weekends with Cal and my family are great. This weekend Cal and I went to Bourton on the Water and it was just lovely.

Anyway the moral of the story is don't ever be too scared to make a change if you are unhappy, yes I could have stayed at my old job where I got more money, was in a higher position and got half price clothes for life but I wasn't happy. You never know what is round the corner and yes I could still be looking for a job right now if I hadn't have found this company through the agency, but that is fine too.

Happiness is the most important thing in life.Yes I know that sounds cliche like it should be on some kind of greeting card but I have been on the other side and know what it feels. Never be too scared to take control of your life if you aren't happy.
You may also like:

1 comment

  1. wow, some brave move! congratulations on a new job! I'm so happy you're happy with it. finding a great job so soon and fast is really rare so I hope you'll have a great time there and be happy with the people and the job alltogether :D

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.