Summer Skincare Saviours

This summer I am on a mission to have banging skin and so far, the skin gods have been nice to me. I have very dry skin as I have told you all before so I get flare ups of dry skin in both the cold and the heat so I'm quite unlucky. I have a bunch of products that are really working with my skin in this heat wave we are currently having so I thought I'd share them with you.

Summer Skincare Saviours


F A C E
For my face I am currently loving a simple skincare routine of three products, which all have pastel pink packaging which pleases me greatly. First up I have my Loreal Fine Flowers Gel Crea Wash in Rose and Jasmine which sadly doesn't smell as amazing as you would think from the name. I really like this cleaner in the mornings because it doesn't stripe my skin or dry it out after ward but it still leaves my skin clean and clear for my next products.

Once I have washed my face I use the Glossier Super Bounce serum which has really mad me feel in love with these types of products. I have never used a serum before this and now I want to try every product going. I used to think that serums would clog my skin and make me feel like I have too many layers on my face but this serum just sinks into my skin and leaves it with this super dewy moisturised glow.

When I then layer on top my Clinique Moisture surge moisturizer then I am living my best life and have no dry patches in sight. I know a lot of people use this moisturizer for long haul flights and travelling because it is so luxurious on the skin and that is what first attracted my to this product. I am at the stage now where I am scrapping the bottom of the tub to get any product out so I will definitely need to repurchase this soon!

On the days when it is just too hot to even think about putting any makeup on I like to use face mists and sprays to give me a little glow, keep me refreshed and to stop a sun burn. I love using the Newlook refresh and prep spray which I are only £4.99 and you can use them on days when you aren't wearing makeup to refresh your skin and underneath your makeup to prime your skin. Sometimes you just need a little spritz of something to cool you down and this spray is perfect for that.

B O D Y
Once my face is all ready for the sun its time to sort my body out! I have a lot of shower gels and creams in my bathroom because I always get them for birthdays and Christmas so I have a lot to choose from but my favourite have to be the Lush shower gels. I am currently using Snow Fairy which is my second bottle now and I love the smell of it. It is great to use in the summer because it is a time when you have more or your flesh out so you want your skin to smell nice. Plus you tend to sweat more so when I shower I like to use something that has a really powerful smell so that I feel more clean afterwards. If I use a shower products with no smell I don't feel that clean afterwards, anyone agree?

I also need to show some love to my feet during this time of year because I suffer from the worst dry feet in the world. Sad but true. So I like to use the Soap and Glory Heel Genius foot cream most nights before I go bed so that I can wake up with some what softer feet. The tub is huge I think so I know it will last me for a long time and I like to keep this on my night stand to remind myself to use it. I'll be honest... I don't always remember and then I really regret it the next day when I have to get my feet out.

H A I R
Lastly we have hair but not hair on your head, no hair removal. Not a lot of people talk about hair removal because it is not a glamours topic but we all suffer from it and if any of you are dark haired like me then you will know the constant struggle!

Starting with the typical hair removal I still, after how many years now, use Lush's D'Fluff strawberry shaving cream to shave my armpits and legs. During the summer I tend to shave my legs and armpits every couple of days because I like to feel comfortable and free when it is hot. This can be quite grooling on your skin but with this shaving cream, i have never hurt myself or caused a rash and my skin is always smooth and soft afterwards. Plus a tub lasts me so long considering I used this product up to 3 times a week so it clear how much I love this.

For the more unconventional hair removal, I like to use Veet sensitive hair removal cream and I have been using this since my teens. Having dark hair and Italian heritage I have dark hairs allllll over my body which used to really get me down but now I've learned to get over it. Some of the places I use Veet cream is mainly around my belly button and on my chest. As embarrassing as it is to say... we are all girls here. The cream is really easy to use, the process is quick and it doesn't leave me any red patches or rashes after wards so I can go out straight afterwards. Please tell me I'm not the only one???

Once I have sorted out my unwanted hair I am set to put on my dress, get my legs, arms and chest out and catch that sun.

Do you have any tips or tricks to get your skin really for summer?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.