Budget Vs Brand | Makeup Remover


Budget Vs Brand | Makeup Remover


You would have seen in my last post that I recently picked up the Clinique Take The Day Off makeup remover to try, now after I have been using it for a few weeks I thought I would compare it to my holy grail Simple Micellar Water. As you should all know I am a budget girl through and through only springing out for certain skincare pieces which I know work way better for me then the drugstore equivalent I have tried.

P A C K A G I N G
Not that  you should judge a book by its cover but we all know the packaging is what attracts us to look at a product in the first place. For the most part both bottles are relatively similar with both being clear plastic bottles but the Clinique bottle is more appealing and expensive looking, I can't lie when I put all my Clinique products together on the side they do look good. But what the Simple bottle lacks in cuteness it makes up for with size. You know everyone always tells you size doesn't matter? It does when it comes to skincare products. The Simple bottle holds more than 3x more product than the Clinique bottle and is more than 1/3 of the price. You can't argue with maths although the Clinique bottle would be better for traveling.

F O R M U L A
When it comes to formulas these two products couldn't be any more different. The Clinique remover is oil based so the product separates in the bottle when it is untouched. Many times I have poured some of the product out before I have remember to shake the bottle and I get a face full of oil! I am learning and haven't done that is a week tho. The product also leaves a residue on the skin afterwards that I tend wash off straight away otherwise my skin is slimy for a while, afterwards you can't deny your skin feels amazing though like you have just had a facial. My skin is always super soft after I have used this product and unlike the Take The Day Of Cleansing Balm that I tried before, this product doesn't irritate my eyes.

As for the Simple cleanser it is exactly what it says on the tin (or bottle), you wipe your makeup away with a cotton pad and your done, no need to wash your face afterwards. My skin has always liked this micellor water and I really like you can get sensitive formulas as well as my skin can be unpredictable sometimes. I find with this cleaner you don't a lot of product to remove the majority of your makeup which makes my night routine even quicker.

P R I C E
Now for the all important price... I normally buy the Simple Micellor water for around £6 which is extremely good for your money but at the moment, the product is half price and £3 for the 400ml bottle which is a steal. As for the Clinique makeup remover I purchased the 125ml bottle from Boots for around £14 if you compare it to some other skincare brands isn't actually that much.

C O M P A R I S O N
I know no matter what I will also have a bottle of Simple Micellor Water in my skincare collection because it comes in really handy and I know it will always work for me. I do like to branch out with my skincare though and Clinique is one brand that I really like to try new products from. I swear by their moisturizers and feel like my skin benefits from using their products regularly. If you are looking fo ]r a bog standard does what it says on the bottle then the Simple Micellor water is the one for you but if you like the more luxurious feel then try the Clinique makeup remover because it does remove all your makeup and leave your skin feeling super silky.
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.