How I'm Really Feeling Right Now

off loading, feelings, outlet, positivity, social distancing, isolation, social media, pinterest, mental health,
Link

What a year it has been so far. So many of us claimed 2020 was going to be our year and to be honest - I wish I could start the year again. 

With everything that is going on I wanted to get my feelings out and off load to keep my sanity.

So how am I feeling? Pretty rubbish, I'm not going to lie. I have been positive up to this point to keep life normal but this week has really hit me hard.  It is just the uncertainty of what will happen. I don't mind being at home, I have 6 more Poldark books to read so that will keep me going for a while. What I worry about is all the endless talk on social media 'my friend lives here and ...' 'Apparently there is a case in the town'. 

I have chosen to mute everything to do with what is going on from my timeline but it still pecks through, making me all together avoid twitter. I am focusing my energy on Instagram where I find people are trying to entertain and distract their followers, rather that scare them. 

There are a few things I am doing to keep myself sane and I thought I was just pop them here, in case any of them help you. 

  • Mute all social media which encourages gossip and false information. 
  • Only look for information from the NHS website and the PMs daily updates
  • Keep my normal routine as much as I can 
  • Plan my meals so that I don't waste food and I might be able to discover new receipts 
  • Make a list of things I want to get done in case of lockdown - gardening, blog post ideas, DIY, books to read, new meals
  • Make plans for the future - we might not know when this is all going to end but we can make plans, with no future date, to have something to look forward to
  • Use the whole of your space - keep your living room for relaxing, bedroom for sleeping and any other room for anything else so you are not stuck in one room for 12 weeks
  • Keep in touch - whether that's a text, call or a video chat
  • Make use of the garden - hopefully spring has finally arrived so if you have a garden, this is the perfect opportunity to use the space and enjoy it. 
  • Recreate outfits from Pinterest - Pinterest is full of information, use it!
I might be posting a lot of here for the foreseeable future so that I can keep myself busy. 

Please all remember to stay safe and most importantly, we are all in this together (I cant say that now without thinking about the cast dancing...)
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.