My morning and evening skincare routines

Clinique, evening, isolation, Kiehl's, morning, pinterest, Products, routine, skincare, sukin, working from home,

I have a love hate relationship with skincare and right now, I am really in love with it. 

It must be something to do with having more time on my hands but I am at it every morning and evening and that hasn't happened in a very long time. 

My skin is really loving the TLC (apart from my chin which after a few weeks of no skincare, lots of chocolate and wine is erupting in loads of mountains) so I thought I would give a little update on my routine since my last post was December

I have only recently been using different products during my morning and evening routines so unlike my previous posts, I have split these down for you so enjoy!

M O R N I N G 


The first product I use to wash the dirty off of my face is the Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser which I got in my trio pack for Christmas. One of the things I really like about this product is that it has no frills, just plain good product which actually works. 

Once I have washed my face I like to go in with a toner and the one I have been using recently is the Clinique Clarifying Lotion which reminds me of the Glossier Solution toner. They are both great at really getting into your pores and actually doing something deep within them. 

Once I am all fresh faced and feeling clean I like to use the Glossier Super Bounce Serum to give myself a little extra moisture before I apply my actual moisturiser. I have found since working from home and spending more time in the sun that my skin has really needed a extra something. The serum paired together with a moisturiser also makes a great base for makeup. 

Last up I have my two moisturisers for the day time and I am so sad that I am nearly out of one. I firstly use the Origins Refreshing Eye Cream which is a pale pink colour which makes it great to brighten your under eye (and god knows I've needed that lately). 

My everyday face moisturiser is the Lacura Facial Cream (the product is limited edition but you can shop their other products here) which is a dupe of the Kiehl's facial cream which I am drying to try. The Kiehl's cream is around the £45 mark and that is just too much to pay for one product right now, I'll still to my £25 Clinique Moisture Surge thank you! I bought this moisturiser late last year as a whim as It was only £5 and it is actually amazing. If you can find some in the local Aldi definitely try it. 

E V E N I N G


Moving onto my evening routine and this changes slightly depending on whether I have worn makeup during the day but it mainly starts with the Simple Water Boost Micellar Cleansing Water which I have to say is my favourite micellar water out of all the brands. I have tried many over the years including Garnier,  Nivea and Bioderma and Simple has always been my favourite. The main reason is I feel like I am never left with a film on my skin after using it. 

Then once my skin is clean of any obvious dirty I go in with a toner and cleansing pads both from Superdrug's Naturally Radiant Glycolic range. Some times I might only use one product but most of the time I use both the Glycolic Tonic and the Glycolic Acid Daily Cleansing Pads. These both get the extra bit of dirty which is hiding on the skin and when I am having a break out, these tone down the angry spots (these are getting a lot of use right now). 

Lastly onto my moisturising products to give my skin some TLC during the night. First up I have the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate which I don't use every night other wise I would be sharing my house with a number of spots on the regular, but I do use it about once a week when I feel like my skin needs a pick me up during the night. Obviously from the name, the product is very concentrated so you only need a little bit of product to do the job and this makes a great base for your moisturiser to do its magic. 

The moisturiser I am currently using during the evenings is the Sukin Facial Moisturiser. Now I know that isn't a night moisturiser but I find I get on much better with this product then my Sukin night moisturiser at the moment, and when your skin tells you something you listen! 

A bit of a long post today but i hope it encourages you to dig around your skincare draw and pull out some unloved products while you have a bit more time on your hands. I have a post coming up showing you the new products which have come into my collection thanks to my birthday at the beginning of this month so make sure you keep a eye out for it. 
You may also like:

Post a Comment

© Chelsea Loves. Design by MangoBlogs.